Thursday, January 28, 2016

Grasshoppers and such

I'm not reading the book as much as I'd like to. Took a break to read Jason Aaron and Jason Latour's Southern Bastards comic book trades (highly recommend), and William Golding's Lord of the Flies (I assigned it to my sophomores). 

After the brief detour, I jumped back in. Really liking the characters more and more. Just introduced to Reiss. His outrage at the "alternative history" in the Grasshopper book was well-described. Was he pissed because it cast Hitler as wrong, or pissed that he might agree with the assertion deep down? Frink's slinging jewelry now, and still pining for Juliana. I dig that inner monologue. Wanting to send her the jewelry on a "professional basis" for her to model, but you can tell he loves her and hopes that when she sees his handiwork she might love him again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment